CyberTitan/CyberPatriot teams consist of the following team members:
Coach: An adult (e.g. teacher, administrator, parent, etc.) approved by a participating organization to act as the administrative lead of a team. The coach is the main point of contact for competition-related correspondence. A team can only have one coach.
Competitors: Each team must consist of between two and six competitors enrolled in the participating school or organization. While up to six students are permitted on each team’s roster, a maximum of five students are permitted to compete at any one time during a competition round. A one-time substitution can be made each round.
- Please note: CyberTitan requires a written confirmation from CyberPatriot for team roster substitutions for all finalist teams. Only the names provided by CyberPatriot at the last round of competition will be permitted to compete in the CyberTitan National Finals. Please notify CyberPatriot and do not compete with players who are not legally on your roster, this will disqualify your team.
Technical Mentor(s): IT-experienced individuals who volunteer to assist in the cybersecurity training of teams. Mentors register on the CyberPatriot website and are required to successfully complete a background check before being eligible to officially join a team. (Minimum age: 18).
- One or more registered Mentors may be chosen by a Coach to assist in training his or her team(s
- Teams are not required to have a Mentor, as a Coach may act in the combined role of a Coach and Mentor, if he or she would also like to and feels capable of training the team.
- Mentors are welcome to assist multiple teams, but should make sure they are linked to all of the teams with which they are working through their Volunteer Portal page on the CyberPatriot website.
- Please note that the mentorship registration processes currently requires a background check through a U.S based platform. CyberPatriot organizers are aware that Canadians may not be able to use this platform and are working to find an alternative route for our CyberTitan Mentors. Contact [email protected] if you experience difficulties.
Team Assistant(s): Adult volunteers who provide non-technical support and encouragement to the team (assisting with scheduling, set-up, snacks, etc.). Team assistants must register on the CyberPatriot website and pass a background check. (Minimum age: 18) CyberPatriot organizers are aware that Canadians may not be able to use this platform and are working to find an alternative route for our Team Assistants. Contact [email protected] if you experience difficulties.
After passing the background check, Team Assistants can then be linked to the appropriate team(s) through the Volunteer Portal.